Only a few more hours and Spring Break is over. This week was pretty unusual but most of the time fun! Each day we did something a bit different! Monday the children and I went POWER shopping to
Wallgreen's, and Safeway. We got a TON of stuff for really cheap thanks to Clarissa. She has become quite the
Couponista - especially when she is mad at her brothers. Clipping coupons all by herself is her way of
destressing and unwinding. Monday night I had a work meeting so I quickly made one of the past dishes we got on sale! Tuesday the kids earned tickets by doing chores and that night we got PIZZA (and
KFC Snackers) for dinner and played card games! What a day - Jon was beyond grumpy. Wednesday the children did some more ticket
activities in the morning and then spent several hours at a bounce house while I went out and handed out chocolates. They had a lot of fun! Thursday they did more ticket
activities and then we went on a Progressive Fast Food Dinner. First we went to Pizza Hut and got Clarissa's free Book It pizza which the children split. Then we went to
KFC and they all got
snackers. Next we went to McDonald's and they got ice cream sundaes and then rushed to get Clarissa to Activity Days. The boys and I then went shopping to
Savemart to get a few more deals! Friday brought MORE power shopping with the children. I took Clarissa and Jacob and Jon went with Jerry. We went to Walgreen's,
J.C. Penny, Trader Joe's, and
Rayley's. We also dropped off product to a client (who bought $250 that morning!). When we got home we watched an American Girl movie (which Clarissa and I enjoyed and the boys endured).
Saturday I had an appointment in the morning and a bit more shopping on the way home. I came home with a headache but still managed to make lime pear dessert, pot roast, and dye eggs with the children. I went to bed early and woke up feeling much better.
For Easter the children all got new clothes and
their own boxes of cereal. I decided that rather than doing big baskets of candy that would just make them sick I would do a pick family picnic basket. Here's Jon with it - complete with chips, soda,
oreos,
chocolate, Easter eggs to hunt for and more. We had egg salad
sandwiches for lunch and the beef and broccoli for dinner. Everything was delicious! The children just dove into the second jello dessert that we made. It's the peach one that Great Grandma Irene used to make. So good - no so good for you but so good to eat!
No comments:
Post a Comment